Planning Is Everything
Melbourne estate planning lawyers help you plan your future
What is estate planning? Why do I need it? How do I do it? These are some of the most common questions we hear regarding estate planning. Simply put, an estate plan is a collection of documents that you and your estate planning attorney put together as a set of instructions for your family to follow should you become incapacitated or die.
These documents are legally binding and help ensure that your wishes are carried out. They can also make tax and probate matters easier for your family members to handle after your death. To create an estate plan, you need to meet with an estate planning attorney to discuss your needs. Aspects of your estate plan may include:
Customized to meet your needs
While the types of documents you need are standard, what goes in them is unique to your life, which is why you need estate planning lawyers. Melbourne is home to Mommers & Colombo, Attorneys at Law, and we are ready and able to design a customized estate plan suited to your specific needs. Some of the questions we will ask you include:
- Do you own property you want to distribute?
- Do you own vehicles or boats you want to distribute?
- Do you own jewelry or any other possessions you want to distribute?
- What type of medical directives do you want (such as feeding tubes and intubation)?
- What type of long-term care do you want?
- How do you want your funeral and remains handled?
- Whom do you want to be guardian of your dependents?
- Whom do you want to be executor of your estate?
Our Melbourne lawyers will ask these and many other questions so that we can create your estate plan according to your specifications.
Don't wait until it's too late to plan your future
Call Mommers & Colombo, Attorneys at Law at 321-751-1000 or visit our contact us page.
Office Location2351 West Eau Gallie Boulevard, Suite 8 Melbourne, FL 32935-3114